Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weddings and Graduations

I just spent the weekend celebrating the wedding of one of my closest friends. It was a great time, especially since I haven't had the chance to exchange more than a few words with her over the phone in the last two years. I'm very happy for her, and glad she's found someone who makes her smile the way the groom does.

However, I think that this wedding, even more so than my graduation, made me realize that we are (at least us recent grads) all fast becoming adults, if not there already. This is the girl I went to high school with; skipped classes, pulled pranks, sneaked kisses in the halls... and now she's married. That's a very adult commitment and one of the final steps into the 'grown-up' world. With student teaching in the High schools, looming graduation from a Master's program (only one year away) and now one of my dear friend's weddings, I cannot deny that I am on the verge of adulthood.

A very scary thought.

I think I'm going to go play some video games in order to prolong my childhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment